Tires are one of the most important parts on your vehicle that you need to maintain and make sure they are in good condition. Having a blowout on the freeway, or not being able to get into your neighborhood after a snowstorm because your tires are bald is very inconvenient. By keeping an eye on your tires and the condition they are in, you can eliminate a lot of headache on your part. View a quick video below with tips on tires.
- Use common sense! If it is not a safe place to stop and change your tire, drive to the closest “safe spot” where you can change it without danger to yourself.
- Make sure you are on level ground.
- It is best if everybody gets out of the vehicle. If that is not possible, then make sure the people inside the vehicle are holding as still as they can. The vehicle bouncing around can cause the car to slip off the jack, causing you harm.
- When replacing the hubcap back on the tire, make sure you do not cover up the air valve.
- If at all possible, keep a star wrench in your vehicle for when you need to change your tire. If your lug nuts are on tight, they are easier to get off with a star wrench. While pushing forward with your foot, you can also pull back with your hands. It is also easier to get the lug nuts on tighter with a star wrench.