|Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 15:10 PM
Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series to Visit NHRA Tracks Across The Country Again In 2015
||Courtesy of NHRA Field Marketing
GLENDORA, Calif. –
The NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series returns for a 14th season with premier events taking place across the country in all seven NHRA divisions it was announced today by NHRA officials. The 2015 schedule will feature 45 divisional events with a minimum of six in each of the seven divisions. There will also be 25 regional events featuring the 260-mph Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car classes.
The 2015 season will see a return to Auto Club Dragway at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. and Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, N.C. The 2015 season will begin in Orlando, Feb. 13-15, and concludes in Las Vegas, Nov. 5-8.
The new season will also include the addition of two doubleheader weekends at Heartland Park Topeka in Topeka, Kan., Aug. 13-16 and Rocky Mountain Raceways in West Valley, Utah, Sept. 24-27.
Through our Young Caring for our Young program and the generous donations and volunteer hours of our wonderful employees, the Young Automotive Group has donated over $132,500+ to local foundations, charities, and schools! It is great to work for a company that supports our local communities. Here are a few of the different events that have contributed to such a great cause:
- Young Buick GMC March Madness Book Drive – Thousands of Books Donated to Davis Schools
- Young Buick GMC Drive for Students – Clearfield High
- Young Kia Local Soccer Promotion
- Young Kia Stuff the Buss Event – Raised Supplies for Headstart programs
- Young Ford Dodge Trunk or Treat – Morgan Schools
- Young Ford Drive one for your schools – Morgan High
- Young Chevrolet Save Second Base – Breast Cancer Awareness
- Young Chevrolet Trunk or Treat – Davis Schools
- Bonanza Motors Stuff the Bus – Local High Schools and Raised thousands of pounds of food for local pantry
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Food Drive – Thousands of pounds of food for local pantry
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Bike Raffle – Utah Motorsports Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Animal Adoption Breakfast – Utah Animal Adoption Center, a no kill shelter
- Avis Car Sales Author Event – Ogden Schools and gave tons of kids free books
- Young Automotive Cat Bash – Weber State University
- Young Automotive USU Alumni – Utah State University Scholarship Program
- Young Subaru Pet Drive – Adopted over 100 pets and donated to Weber Schools
This is incredible and it really does show that as a company, and as individuals in the company, we engage and support our communities and give back. Thank you to all of those that have contributed time and money for such great causes. It really makes a difference. Great accomplishments like this make it great to be Young.
RMR will be hosting a gathering of all Oval Track participants who would like to hear our ideas on the 2015 Race Season. It is also a GREAT time for the racers to give input and bring new ideas to the table before we start scheduling events, building rulebooks, etc.
Monday December 8th – Hornets, Jr. Stingers, Trains and Double Deckers
Tuesday December 9th – Modifieds, Super Stocks Figure 8’s
Wednesday December 10th – Sprint Cars, Midgets and Mini Cups
*All meetings begin at 7 pm in the RMR Convention Center*
Please come to your designated night as that will be the only night that class will be discussed.
We appreciate all your continued support in helping us grow! Thank you!