Now Hiring: Marketing Communications Director
Rocky Mountain Raceways | West Valley City UT
The following is a list of responsibilities in connection with the position of Marketing Communications Director.
Please send your resume to Mike Eames, General Manager, at: email@example.com
- Maintain key relationships with local and national media.
- Send weekly releases on both the weekly results and upcoming events.
- Pitch story ideas to local and national media.
- Operate all RMR Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
- Assist with and create content for Rocky Mountain Raceways’ Website (WordPress).
- Attend community outreach events such as car shows, local cruise nights, charitable functions, etc.
- Maintain a presence in the local business community (Chamber West/Salt Lake County Business Alliance).
- Help in the production of raceway publications, from pocket schedules, to programs, to sponsorship packages, fliers, and electronic sign.
- Document and organize raceway history, including news stories and photos.
- Support RMR event entertainment, Rocky Raccoon, Downtime and Intermission entertainment, personnel, and announcers.
- Aid in production of awards banquets.
- Build email marketing database and racer network.
- Help conduct demographic surveys.
- Sell sponsorship and marketing opportunities at RMR.
This is a full-time salary position with benefits, commissions, and vacation. Our racing season includes holidays and weekends. Pay D.O.E. An enjoyment of cars and racing is helpful, but not necessary. An advanced knowledge of social media, along with experience with WordPress websites is strongly preferred! Strong writing skills (press releases), positive attitude, and a creative mind are required!
|Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 15:10 PM
Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series to Visit NHRA Tracks Across The Country Again In 2015
||Courtesy of NHRA Field Marketing
GLENDORA, Calif. –
The NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series returns for a 14th season with premier events taking place across the country in all seven NHRA divisions it was announced today by NHRA officials. The 2015 schedule will feature 45 divisional events with a minimum of six in each of the seven divisions. There will also be 25 regional events featuring the 260-mph Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car classes.
The 2015 season will see a return to Auto Club Dragway at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. and Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, N.C. The 2015 season will begin in Orlando, Feb. 13-15, and concludes in Las Vegas, Nov. 5-8.
The new season will also include the addition of two doubleheader weekends at Heartland Park Topeka in Topeka, Kan., Aug. 13-16 and Rocky Mountain Raceways in West Valley, Utah, Sept. 24-27.
Through our Young Caring for our Young program and the generous donations and volunteer hours of our wonderful employees, the Young Automotive Group has donated over $132,500+ to local foundations, charities, and schools! It is great to work for a company that supports our local communities. Here are a few of the different events that have contributed to such a great cause:
- Young Buick GMC March Madness Book Drive – Thousands of Books Donated to Davis Schools
- Young Buick GMC Drive for Students – Clearfield High
- Young Kia Local Soccer Promotion
- Young Kia Stuff the Buss Event – Raised Supplies for Headstart programs
- Young Ford Dodge Trunk or Treat – Morgan Schools
- Young Ford Drive one for your schools – Morgan High
- Young Chevrolet Save Second Base – Breast Cancer Awareness
- Young Chevrolet Trunk or Treat – Davis Schools
- Bonanza Motors Stuff the Bus – Local High Schools and Raised thousands of pounds of food for local pantry
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Food Drive – Thousands of pounds of food for local pantry
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Bike Raffle – Utah Motorsports Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Animal Adoption Breakfast – Utah Animal Adoption Center, a no kill shelter
- Avis Car Sales Author Event – Ogden Schools and gave tons of kids free books
- Young Automotive Cat Bash – Weber State University
- Young Automotive USU Alumni – Utah State University Scholarship Program
- Young Subaru Pet Drive – Adopted over 100 pets and donated to Weber Schools
This is incredible and it really does show that as a company, and as individuals in the company, we engage and support our communities and give back. Thank you to all of those that have contributed time and money for such great causes. It really makes a difference. Great accomplishments like this make it great to be Young.