End of Year Drag Strip Meeting
Tuesday, December 2 at 6:30pm
RMR Convention Center
RMR will be hosting a gathering of all Young Kia Drag Strip participants who would like to hear our ideas on the 2015 Race Season. It is also a GREAT time for the racers to give input and bring new ideas to the table before we start scheduling events, building rulebooks, etc.This meeting is open to all drag strip participants-Street Legal, Summit, Junior and Midnight Drags.
|Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 15:10 PM
Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series to Visit NHRA Tracks Across The Country Again In 2015
|Courtesy of NHRA Field Marketing
GLENDORA, Calif. –
The NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series returns for a 14th season with premier events taking place across the country in all seven NHRA divisions it was announced today by NHRA officials. The 2015 schedule will feature 45 divisional events with a minimum of six in each of the seven divisions. There will also be 25 regional events featuring the 260-mph Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car classes.
The 2015 season will see a return to Auto Club Dragway at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. and Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, N.C. The 2015 season will begin in Orlando, Feb. 13-15, and concludes in Las Vegas, Nov. 5-8.
The new season will also include the addition of two doubleheader weekends at Heartland Park Topeka in Topeka, Kan., Aug. 13-16 and Rocky Mountain Raceways in West Valley, Utah, Sept. 24-27.
The ultra-competitive series will feature three sportsman-focused national events during the season, the JEGS SPORTSNationals events during the course of the racing season. The JEGS Cajun SPORTSNationals will be held at No Problem Raceway, March 20-22; the JEGS Pacific SPORTSNationals, returns to Auto Club Dragway at Auto Club Speedway, May 29-31; and the JEGS Northern SPORTSNationals, Sept. 18-20 at National Trail Raceway. Regional, divisional and national championship points as well as a purse of more than $500,000 in seven categories will be up for grabs in the season.
“Having come through the Sportsman ranks myself, I know how important it is to have the support you need to compete,” said Morgan Lucas of Lucas Oil Products. “These are our people, these are our customers. The Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series is the core of our sport. I know I speak for everyone at Lucas Oil when I say that we’re honored to continue title sponsorship of this series.”
Bonus programs available to competitors in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series include the $100,000 JEGS Allstars. Individual divisions may also have additional bonus programs available to racers.
In addition to Lucas, some prominent graduates of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series who have gone on to successful careers in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series include Brandon Bernstein, Shawn Langdon, Courtney Force, Erica Enders-Stevens, Alexis DeJoria, and Jeg Coughlin.
To see the full story, click below:
- Young Buick GMC March Madness Book Drive – Thousands of Books Donated to Davis Schools
- Young Buick GMC Drive for Students – Clearfield High
- Young Kia Local Soccer Promotion
- Young Kia Stuff the Buss Event – Raised Supplies for Headstart programs
- Young Ford Dodge Trunk or Treat – Morgan Schools
- Young Ford Drive one for your schools – Morgan High
- Young Chevrolet Save Second Base – Breast Cancer Awareness
- Young Chevrolet Trunk or Treat – Davis Schools
- Bonanza Motors Stuff the Bus – Local High Schools and Raised thousands of pounds of food for local pantry
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Food Drive – Thousands of pounds of food for local pantry
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Bike Raffle – Utah Motorsports Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Raceways Animal Adoption Breakfast – Utah Animal Adoption Center, a no kill shelter
- Avis Car Sales Author Event – Ogden Schools and gave tons of kids free books
- Young Automotive Cat Bash – Weber State University
- Young Automotive USU Alumni – Utah State University Scholarship Program
- Young Subaru Pet Drive – Adopted over 100 pets and donated to Weber Schools